Short term ingredient storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mothman

Reaction score
Just received the shipment of the recipe kits that I and my buddy will be brewing in a couple weeks, and I'm wondering if I should be refrigerating the ingredients until then?

Guessing the yeast (dry yeast packets) is a yes, but is it advised to refrigerate the liquid and dry malt extract, and specialty grains? It's all packed in sealed bags.

Yeast in the fridge, hops in the freezer. Grains are ok at room temp. It'll all technically be fine at room temp in a few weeks really, but those are just best practices.

Cheers, and good luck on your first kits!

Will do, thanks!

And yeah, looking forward to it. Been geeking out with reading/watching tons of content, excited to finally get going.

I'd keep LME in the fridge and DME at room temp.

There are lots of great resources out there to get you started...but don't fret too much on the details.

Keep it sanitary, do your best to control your fermentation temperatures, and you'll have great results

Back