Shopping list for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomsen

Reaction score
Last weekend I bought a chest freezer, now I am shopping for parts for a keezer. Am I missing anything?
1x co2 manifold 4 connect with MFL
3x ball lock corny kegs
3x forward sealing taps
3x shank; 4in length 3/16 bore
some neopren washers and some nuts for shanks
co2 regulator
3x ball lock mfl liquid disconnect
3x ball lock mfl gas disconnect
grease
some worm gears 1/4 - 7/8
30ft 3/16 beverage tubing
10x barbed swivel nuts
some nylon washers
4x gasline manifold jumper(what material should a gas line have?)

You might want to rethink the tubing and associated fittings, because the line of choice for both beer and gas these days is "EVAbarrier" which is highly resistant to oxygen ingress and thus staling, and it is best used with "push-to-connect" fittings from companies like Duotight, John Guest and DMfit. There are fittings specifically for connecting tubing to 1/4" MFL QDs and manifolds, as well as beer shanks, and even flow meters. No worm clamps required :)

fwiw, I converted my keezer and all three brew fridges to it a year ago November and can't recommend it enough...

Cheers!

I just looked at some online, they look to me at the same system neumatic connections use. Sounds like a good an easy system, thanks

I second the EVA barrier lines with John Guest fittings. Roughly 6' per line.
Check out Rite Brew. they have the best prices and is where I bought most of my parts for my keezer build.
kegconnection is also another source but I find their prices on some items are a bit high. I have one of their CMB faucets and it's great. My other two faucets are the Intertap flow control which I do not like. Thinking about switching those out for the Nukatap or more of the CMB faucets.
Morebeer sells the Nukatap faucets.
Make sure to get a dual taprite regulator so you can run two different PSI's if necessary.

I second the EVA barrier lines with John Guest fittings. Roughly 6' per line.
Check out Rite Brew. they have the best prices and is where I bought most of my parts for my keezer build.
kegconnection is also another source but I find their prices on some items are a bit high. I have one of their CMB faucets and it's great. My other two faucets are the Intertap flow control which I do not like. Thinking about switching those out for the Nukatap or more of the CMB faucets.
Morebeer sells the Nukatap faucets.
Make sure to get a dual taprite regulator so you can run two different PSI's if necessary.

Whats the issue on the intertap flow control faucets?

They foam way more than my CMB tap does- always have no matter how much i dial back the flow- I initially used Ultra barrier tubing at about 15'/run and it produced foam then. I keep my keezer set at 35 and PSI at 10-12.
Once I switched to EVA barrier the foaming was greatly reduced but I get a way better pour with the CMB faucet.
At this point using the EVA barrier tubing I see no need for a flow control faucet. I initially went with the Intertap faucets because they were cheaper than Perlicks and they had a growler filler that I thought I would use but I really don't.
I think the Nukatap's that Morebeer sells are a knockoff/improved version of the Intertap's and are about the same cost.
Not trying to deter you from getting the flow controls- just not necessary for my set up.

Back