Shipping sanitizer is expensive for me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stavrose

Reaction score
Hey guys! I used to buy Starsan from Amazon but it costs me A lot to ship them to my country.

I have no experiences in trying other sanitizers and I know household detergents would leave smell in my equipment.

I found these in a website and can be delivery cheaper than buying and shipping starsan to me. The company claims these are odourless, colourless and none corrosive.

The other one also safe to be used on plastic even. I don't have the MSDS for these products but I can try asking them for it.

I just want to know if these are safe to be used on homebrewing equipment.

https://alsanea.com/disinfectant-sprayers/#sana-sanitizer
Thank you!

Attachments

• Micro sana.png
    Micro sana.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Sana sanitizer.png
    Sana sanitizer.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 12
Hey guys! I used to buy Starsan from Amazon but it costs me A lot to ship them to my country.

I have no experiences in trying other sanitizers and I know household detergents would leave smell in my equipment.

I found these in a website and can be delivery cheaper than buying and shipping starsan to me. The company claims these are odourless, colourless and none corrosive.

The other one also safe to be used on plastic even. I don't have the MSDS for these products but I can try asking them for it.

I just want to know if these are safe to be used on homebrewing equipment.

https://alsanea.com/disinfectant-sprayers/#sana-sanitizer
Thank you!

I just found out that Sana sanitizer (Second picture attached) contains 70-75% Ethanol and 30-25% water is it still safe to use on equipment?

Ethanol at those concentration is effective against many microbes, so I think it would be a good sanitizer for homebrewing needs, if you sanitize just before using the object that you have sanitized.

Those alcohol-based sanitizers are all the rage now, as they are cheap and effective against covid. I don't see any counterindication. Actually I wonder why I don't use anything like that instead of Saniclean. Should be decently "no-rinse".

Ethanol at those concentration is effective against many microbes, so I think it would be a good sanitizer for homebrewing needs, if you sanitize just before using the object that you have sanitized.

Those alcohol-based sanitizers are all the rage now, as they are cheap and effective against covid. I don't see any counterindication. Actually I wonder why I don't use anything like that instead of Saniclean. Should be decently "no-rinse".
Thanks for the feedback. The same company sells cleaners with no perfumes. I never thought I would find something like this sold locally.

They charged me like almost $300 just to ship 2 bottles of starsan, sure they lasted 5 years but still kind of expensive.

As for cleaners, I found these and in my opinion, the Sana Kleaner is for cleaning instead of buying product like One Step.
This Sana Kleaner doesn't corrode on plastic but I'm not sure if it has any perfumes added. The other one doesn't have perfumes based on perfumes, not sure if it's good for plastic.

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• sana acid.png
    sana acid.png
    431.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Sana Kleanall.png
    Sana Kleanall.png
    490.6 KB · Views: 4
My personal take has always been that hot water and dish soap is all you need to deeply clean anything related to homebrewing in whatever material.

The only acid thing that I use is some vinegar when I have to take out some scorched stuff from the bottle of my kettle.

Sponge and a little bit of "elbow grease" are fine for me. I never let kettles or object immersed in any cleaning or disinfecting solution. I clean with hot water and soap as soon as possible, when sugars are still liquid and easy to remove. I never postpone cleaning to the day after for kettle, pump, hoses, taps. Those things must be cleaned immediately. Water is cheap and abundant here, I certainly use a lot of hot water in cleaning.

I put my diluted sanitizer in a spray bottle and I just use it as a spray and let it work for a few minutes before use. My consumption of SaniClean, although expensive, is quite minimal because I only spray a solution of it, I don't fill buckets where I throw things, I find that unnecessary and also useless.

Good cleaning is extremely important, sanitization is something that I do as an added precaution, but I do feel that the risks of infections without sanitizing are not high. YMMV especially considering that you live in a hot country and all sanitization must be performed with more attention.

My personal take has always been that hot water and dish soap is all you need to deeply clean anything related to homebrewing in whatever material.

The only acid thing that I use is some vinegar when I have to take out some scorched stuff from the bottle of my kettle.

Sponge and a little bit of "elbow grease" are fine for me. I never let kettles or object immersed in any cleaning or disinfecting solution. I clean with hot water and soap as soon as possible, when sugars are still liquid and easy to remove. I never postpone cleaning to the day after for kettle, pump, hoses, taps. Those things must be cleaned immediately. Water is cheap and abundant here, I certainly use a lot of hot water in cleaning.

I put my diluted sanitizer in a spray bottle and I just use it as a spray and let it work for a few minutes before use. My consumption of SaniClean, although expensive, is quite minimal because I only spray a solution of it, I don't fill buckets where I throw things, I find that unnecessary and also useless.

Good cleaning is extremely important, sanitization is something that I do as an added precaution, but I do feel that the risks of infections without sanitizing are not high. YMMV especially considering that you live in a hot country and all sanitization must be performed with more attention.
Thanks for the tip. I will consider using mild soap with hot water just to remove anything stuck in there and leave no perfume attached to plastic.

Do you have a amazon prime account? Try that
I had before but, I do live outside the USA. Here DHL or any other courier company would charge me a lot to ship chemical substance (If it's liquid only I think)

Latest posts

Back