SF Bay here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaswift89

Reaction score
In need of running some piping through walls of a chest freezer, was thinking the floor.. but thought I should seek advice here:)

Magic Chef 3.5cu will be first victim..

Welcome. What part of the bay are you in? I am in SSF. No answer to the question, but cool to have another member close by. I'd enjoy seeing what you are doing as I am space limited and trying to figure out how to get a multiple tap setup on the cheap. LOL

Welcome aboard!
Which piping, for the beer or the gas? My 4.4cu ft fridge has gas lines through the bottom at the hump.
Am trying avoid any existing piping in freezer, and run my own in/out with fans to chill an external chamber. Of what I've researched the bottom is safest to punch through second to the lid. Am I correct?

Welcome. What part of the bay are you in? I am in SSF. No answer to the question, but cool to have another member close by. I'd enjoy seeing what you are doing as I am space limited and trying to figure out how to get a multiple tap setup on the cheap. LOL
Hiya, south bay. I am trying to chill an external chamber using an off the shelf freezer for electronics testing actually lol.

Hiya, south bay. I am trying to chill an external chamber using an off the shelf freezer for electronics testing actually lol.
Nice. Would like to see when you get it worked out. I've been toying with the idea of building a cabinet using my small dorm fridge to basically do the same thing. If you are ever in the SF area, hit me up for a beer or three. My treat. LOL. Rock On!!!!!!!!!

Read up on glycol chilling.

Use your freezer as the reservoir or to hold a separate container as such. Then pump the chilled glycol to/through your application.
The warm glycol is then returned to the (freezer) reservoir.

Similar to a keezer, you could build a narrow, insulated collar, placed between the freezer chest body and the lid, to let your piping through. The collar can be made from wood or rigid plastic sheeting and some insulation.

Back