Serving Really Highly Carbonated Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxdude

Reaction score
My fiance and I made 15g of melomel (fruit mead) using her families honey to serve as the champagne toast at our upcoming wedding. I have it in kegs at 34 degrees at 50psi trying to force carbonate it to somewhere around champagne/sparking wine level (my regulator safety valve trips at 55psi or I'd go higher). We've definitely decided we want it at a super sparkling level so thanks for the suggestions of just serving at a lower carb level.

I'm guessing the best way to get it from kegs into champagne glasses for 300 people is to have at least 30ft of beverage line between the keg and the tap and use a flow restricting tap.

I've read that I should keep the serving pressure really high, closer to the carbonated pressure? I did try a test serving it using 2-3 psi with only about 6-8ft of beverage line and no flow restricting tap and it had lots of foam. Guessing the long line of tubing and flow restrictor would help with the high serving pressure?

Back