Serving Issue - Warm/Foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-MG-

Reaction score
I had to give up home brewing for a little over a year and have become rusty. I took my keeper build and using it to store commercial kegs and running a trunk line I bought from beverage factory that is insulated with glycol line.

Im struggling a little bit with warm beer and a bit of foaming issue. Here are some details of my build:

14' trunk line with 5/16" ID lines
~8' 3/16" ID line (reducing couplers)

The tower is glycol cooled, and currently I have a corny keg full of water sitting in the keeper with a 400GPH pond pump for recirculating cold water for now, it produces a steady stream coming into and back from the beer tower which is also glycol fitted.

My keezer is currently at 35 F and have my PSI set to 11 PSI.

Thought my beers would come out better with this, however, I just poured a 10 oz glass through it and the temperature inside the glass (without pouring out), was 55 F.

I'm a little disappointed as I thought my cold water would do the trick.

I appreciate everyones help and thoughts.

Side note. I think my temperature probe needed to be readjusted to get a better overall temperature inside of the keezer. Going to retest.

Wasn't a temp probe issue, beer appears to be correct temperature in keezer.

I believe I have a temperature issue, chest freezer is at 33 F, and after pouring out the first beer, the beer is still coming out like 45 F. I have a glycol chiller tower and have been recirculating water sitting in a corny inside the keezer. However, it doesn't look like its enough to keep up....

I have a 400GPH pond pump in there and it has a decent flow, however, the temperature of the water consistently stays in the high 40s, which tells me its not able to keep up with the system.

I have another child on the way and my time to do DIY items on my serving setup is becoming limited. I'm contemplating buying a glycol chiller and using that, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thoughts?

Back