Serving beer is as expensive as making it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outside92129

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A $1 for a stem, $2 for a splice, $5 for a disconnect- no big deal. Multiply by X for each line and looking at all the receipts with a 100+ of these "cheap" parts.... wowzers. And of course no single shop/website has everything needed so add another $10 per site for shipping.... and the opps, i forgot this part....

So i'm 80% done with my upgrade. And yes i did need to complicate the setup with coolant lines, etc. And yes we *need* all these taps. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Lol.

It is like camping. Once you have all of the ****, it rarely needs replacing, but is a chunk up front.

I sure hope like hell that you spend more on ingredients in the end.

No kidding.

$10 bottling bucket
$2 bottling wand
$4 autosiphon
$1 tubing
$10 capper
$0.50 bottle caps
$0.02 sugar

We're approaching $30!!!!!!! Man, I could brew two batches for that.

So i'm 80% done with my upgrade. And yes i did need to complicate the setup with coolant lines, etc. And yes we *need* all these taps. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

I know the feeling. All I wanted to do was upgrade from a 3-tap kegerator to a 6-tap keezer. In the end I probably spent somewhere between $600 and $800 total to do so -- and that was already having a spare CO2 tank for it and 3 Perlick faucets!

Luckily I was able to sell the old kegerator for $250 on craigslist (with my old standard faucets put back on), so I did recoup some money... But I was amazed [and SWMBO was never told] how expensive a simple "upgrade" was.

Back