Selfie Stick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are just coming to the US. I saw a ton of international tourists with them in Las Vegas. First time I ever saw one. Most people were using them to take pics of themselves and their partner, with something in the background.

I think they are just coming to the US. I saw a ton of international tourists with them in Las Vegas. First time I ever saw one. Most people were using them to take pics of themselves and their partner, with something in the background.

I bought one for my wife for this very reason. We take family selfies when we are out and about. It got too hard to fit a family of 4 in a picture just with my out stretch arm. I swear I'm not a ****** bag! :)

The term "selfie" just sounds dirty to me. "Hey, where's Frank?"
"He's in the bathroom, having a 'selfie'." (read: "spanking the monkey").
"Selfie stick" sounds like a sex toy.
Regards, GF.

I thought the Fleshlight was a selfie stick. Am I wrong?

I think you have the concept right, but the design backwards. A selfie "Stick" it would not be.

Maybe a selfie "Pocket"??

Selfie "sticks" have been around since the dawn of time. Pretty much as soon as a tree branch or rock could be carved into the appropriate shape.

Seriously, I think the actual selfie stick is a good idea. There are many people who would like to take pictures of themselves with or without other people in the picture who can't rely on handing a phone to a stranger, if there is even a stranger nearby to lend them a hand.

I think you have the concept right, but the design backwards. A selfie "Stick" it would not be.

Maybe a selfie "Pocket"??

Selfie "sticks" have been around since the dawn of time. Pretty much as soon as a tree branch or rock could be carved into the appropriate shape.

Seriously, I think the actual selfie stick is a good idea. There are many people who would like to take pictures of themselves with or without other people in the picture who can't rely on handing a phone to a stranger, if there is even a stranger nearby to lend them a hand.
Mechanically it may function in a pocket-like fashion, but it definitely looks stick-like. Maybe not The Rabbit stick-like, but nonetheless...

Last edited by a moderator:
Selfie sticks have a mostly unknown second benifit.

When you approach said self indulged hipster mid use, you can show them the appropriate use of the object. they just happen to be long enough the hipster can remove it from their arse once you are gone.

That's what that thing is for? ... taking selfies??
Shucks ... I got one as a gift and assumed it was for my golf bag. I've been using it when I put one in the water hazard.

What happened to just asking a stranger to take a single picture of you and the family when you were out?

They were terrible, but it gave you a chance to reflect on the trip and laugh about the guy that took the photo.

What happened to just asking a stranger to take a single picture of you and the family when you were out?

They were terrible, but it gave you a chance to reflect on the trip and laugh about the guy that took the photo.

"I gave our camera to Bernie and we stood by the ball
And we all gathered 'round and said, "Cheese"
Then Bernie ran away with my brand new Instamatic
But at least we got our memories"

Read more: Weird Al Yankovic - The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota Lyrics | MetroLyrics

as the Semi-Official HBT Bouncer, I claim all of this to be folly! these "Narcissticks" shall be driven from our society being used to beat the buyers with!

I was watching this guy on YouTube last night. He took a ten minute selfie video of himself just like, walking around his basement talking ****. He drank some beer and stuff and it was pretty cool, but I can't help think a narccistick would have improved the video quality.

That's what that thing is for? ... taking selfies??
Shucks ... I got one as a gift and assumed it was for my golf bag. I've been using it when I put one in the water hazard.

True story....

I was golfing this summer and in the pro-shop they had this weird thing that looked like a selfie stick. I told my friend I was golfing with that it clearly wouldn't fit any phone.

Yes. I was made fun of.:drunk:

I was watching this guy on YouTube last night. He took a ten minute selfie video of himself just like, walking around his basement talking ****. He drank some beer and stuff and it was pretty cool, but I can't help think a narccistick would have improved the video quality.

in light of new evidence, I retract my previous statement. in fact, if you don't own one in the next 3 weeks, every Narcisstick owner gets to beat any and all non-Narcisstick owner with said Narcissticks.

You watched a 10 minute video of some dude walking around in his basement?

Somewhere a book is crying...

Here's the first selfie I've ever taken. Took it just now. This thread inspired me.
I'm reading a book. Isn't it awesome? Please like this .

IMG_20150118_202922.jpg

The first time I see someone using one of these absurd things...... I'll politely offer to use it to give them a colonoscopy.....

H.W.

In Alaska people heading into the back country are being encouraged to shoot a selfie (I find the word loathsome for some reason), to show their clothing and equipment, snow machines, etc, as well as posting a trip plan. The idea is that knowing these kinds of details might be valuable when searching for a missing person.

Back