secondary temp too high

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radler

Reaction score
I've just gotten back to where my beer has been in the secondary for 3 weeks without me around to dicover that the temperature is about 10 degrees warmer than when I left (it is now 72 degrees). I had split the batch and the other part was in a cooler room and smelled and tasted fine during bottling but the warmer one is definetely headed downhill. Unfortunatley the bad part was by far the bigger part. I've bottled both and am wondering if there is anything that can be done to save this stuff. It was not undrinkable, just not so nice as the good half. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

73 will be okay. it'll just have a fruitier, stronger alcohol flavor. but very drinkable and good. what did you brew?

cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

It was a ridiculous mix of 6 lbs. light DME, a pound crytsal 60 a little crystal 140 (yup) a little choco malt, 4 oz. bakers chocolate, 24 oz raspberries in the primary (5 days), a couple hops and wyeast 1728 (scottish ale). I am obvioulsy new to this and a little experimental.

i wish i would let myself experiment more with my brews. i'm just to conservative and don't want to go through all the work of brewing, fementing, conditioning, to get a beer i don't like.

i bet you'll be surpised how it comes out.......

good luck with it!

Back