Secondary regulator - help on finding best price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So after dumping 20 pounds of c02 because of a bad regulator. I've decided to change my setup and get a proper secondary regulator bank. I've done some research, read though so threads, made a view calls, and have decided to go with MicroMatic Premium in a three regulator setup and I'm debating the idea of changing out the 0-60 gauges with 0-30.

Here is where I'm asking for help. Clicking around on the ole interwebs it would appear my purchase choices are from Micromatic directly or beveragefactory.com. I have no problem ordering from either company but I wanted to hear some of your stories on working with them or if there is someone else you swear. At the end of the day every dollar I can save is another dollar I can put into my next beer.

cheers!

I've ordered from both. They're both about the same. If you're buying premium, they're where to spend your money for sure. I have a Micromatic primary.secondaries from bev factory. Also secondaries from nuCo2.

Another cheap bastard here, Both my primary high pressure regulator ( lot 94841 @$28) and both my secondary regulators came from machinery that was salvaged from dumpster at work. Harbor Freight has secondary low pressure regulators as low as $5 ea with gauge(lot 68223). Coupons for 20% off are every where.
been working great since 2014 with no problems. Primary set to ~30 psi, secondaries set as requ for carbing or dispensing.
YMMV good luck
jbrown57

Thanks for the info.

My main reason for going with the MicroMatic Premium secondaries is for the precision they offer at lower PSI. Im tired of having a system where it is almost im possible to tell the difference between 4, 8, and 12 psi

You won't be disappointed. I have Micromatic premium regulators on both my CO2 and Nitro setups. This is after having many other budget brands that all failed. I've had the Micromatics running trouble free for years. It's cheaper because you only need to buy them once, and you can keep all the gas you buy where it's supposed to be.

I bought mine from Micromatic directly. I was buying other stuff with the regulators at the same time and I think they had cheaper (flat rate?) shipping.

One thing I always do though, is to change out all the hose barbs for 1/4" barbs. I use 3/16" beer line and 1/4" barbs on everything, both beer and gas. It makes changes simple and guarantees there will be no leaks. Hose clamps are redundant insurance at this point.

they arrived last night and they are AWESOME! I can't wait to tinker around this weekend and get them installed. Only thing I think will be an issue is finding a bracket which is a little more low profile, it would be nice if I can get them sit right on the collar vs. floating out.. space is at a premium

Back