Second Brew Tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billf2112

Reaction score
Ok here I go for batch #2.

Doing a Red Ale, Got all my ducks in order. Have boiled water packs in freezer. I am using Wyeast #2112. Hope to come with a bit more body than a normal red ale.
:mug:

Good luck buddy, now that you got #1 under your belt #2 should be smooth sailing! Damn I hope I didn't jinx you, lol.

i'm a noob but i thought red ale was suppose to be ... ummm, red. I did a brewers best red ale and its currently sitting in the keg getting carbed up. I had a sample and it pretty much looked the same color as all my other beers. (yes, i do kits and extract)

Second brew is probably one of the best. You now can streamline the process while brewing and you know a bit more what to expect! Good luck!

Brewing done. It is the yeast turn.

I could not have asked for a better brewing period. All times were spot on, temps never varied. Got the hot break just as I added the bittering hops, but it did not boil over.

OG was slightly higher than the kit goal was. was to range from1.048 - 1.052, mine is at 1.056.

Happy brewer here.

Back