Seats at Bokkereyder tasting - February 11 in NYC area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the four pours of Bokkereyder beers I was able to enjoy at CBC Boston, in particular the Framboos Cognac, flying into New York for this (and seeing in person a college buddy I've only gotten to hang out with in the meatspace for one day in the past 6.5 years) would be a no-brainer. So, in please.

First whack at the name: Bokkeridiculous

Because really, this event is going to be ridiculous in a good way given (1) how you roll, and (2) that it is based around pouring 3L bottles of a brewery very few Americans can access even a few ozs of.

He's already invited. :eek:

uu9pmDP.gif

Definitely in! Thanks for the chance Mike!

this sounds amazing! i'm in.
name suggestions to come following coffee/fedex drop/bavss onsale

Oh man, this would be an amazing opportunity. Drawing some inspiration from Johnny Cash today:

Ghost Bokkereyders In The Sky (Skyscraper?)
Ghost Bokkereyders From A Generous Guy

There's definitely something here, I'll keep the juices flowing.

Could go double-punny: Goat Bokkereyders From Generous Guys

I'd fly up for sure.

As far as a name........Mr. TUMnus in the Big Apple! (Tums for all the lambic indigestion, Tumnus because of the famous C.S. Lewis Faun who is of course half goat).

or Bokkerstryder, with the glassware showing Aragorn riding a giant goat.

Even better event name, and an interesting story to boot......."The Silver Hoof Celebration"

The folklore is very interesting surrounding it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Hoof

An excerpt:

"That's a very special goat. On his right forefoot he's got a silver hoof. And when he stamps with that silver hoof he leaves a gem there. If he stamps once there's one gem, if he stamps twice there are two, and if he begins to paw the ground there'll be a whole pile. [...] Ordinary goats have two horns, but this one's got antlers, with five tines.[18]"

From what I've heard, Big Mike likes to throw down! ;)

Good to hang at Zwanze man, if I'm in the country, I'd like to attend. If I'm not, I'll be sure to drink some goat lambic in your honor, with some lonely tears shed for missing the epic tiptouching:oops:

Back