Seats at Bokkereyder tasting - February 11 in NYC area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way late for this, but you know, "force" Bokker to make pottekeis and vleessla, he's good at that :)

4773576362426368.png

tumblr_inline_nkg659xdh21qbvt58.gif

just caught up with the thread. so just a question for steimie (thanks for the tag in this thread by the way, really excited for the 11th!!!!) and all the other haters...cause I don't understand it beyond being goofy...and most of your posts come off a bit sharper than just goofing around. enlighten me. is it that you hate the whole rarity and dick swinging that goes along with this (and most hobbies) or is it something else? maybe your humor is just a bit darker than I'm used to?

some of you are parents or might be parents some day and I'm not sure if you've ever given any thought about what if my kid was getting internet bullied (or was an internet bully), but there are a handful of you who stroll around talkbeer like you own the place and are pretty much homies to anyone outside your small clique of haters who don't follow your unspoken rules of how to be and what to say. Gene is cool and loose and let's the trolls troll a bit cause after all it is fun and I get it, it feels like you are cool when you are being sarcastic and mean...but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it. Most of you are people I've traded with or muled for and I was in private chats with some of you back in the day...and it just seems like you are so angry about beer and people who like beer. I like to have fun with the hate and laugh at the absurdity of it all and I'm sure someone will just reply "cancel your account" or "kill yourself" or some other witty retort that you are famous for, but I'm hoping one of you who thinks that this thread is an abomination will give some sort of explanation on why you can't just look away if you don't like it and why you have to troll this (and many other things on talkbeer) to make it a pretty unwelcoming place at times. i mean, you really do come across like total miserable homies and I can't think that's what you are going for, is it?

just caught up with the thread. so just a question for steimie (thanks for the tag in this thread by the way, really excited for the 11th!!!!) and all the other haters...cause I don't understand it beyond being goofy...and most of your posts come off a bit sharper than just goofing around. enlighten me. is it that you hate the whole rarity and dick swinging that goes along with this (and most hobbies) or is it something else? maybe your humor is just a bit darker than I'm used to?

some of you are parents or might be parents some day and I'm not sure if you've ever given any thought about what if my kid was getting internet bullied (or was an internet bully), but there are a handful of you who stroll around talkbeer like you own the place and are pretty much homies to anyone outside your small clique of haters who don't follow your unspoken rules of how to be and what to say. Gene is cool and loose and let's the trolls troll a bit cause after all it is fun and I get it, it feels like you are cool when you are being sarcastic and mean...but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it. Most of you are people I've traded with or muled for and I was in private chats with some of you back in the day...and it just seems like you are so angry about beer and people who like beer. I like to have fun with the hate and laugh at the absurdity of it all and I'm sure someone will just reply "cancel your account" or "kill yourself" or some other witty retort that you are famous for, but I'm hoping one of you who thinks that this thread is an abomination will give some sort of explanation on why you can't just look away if you don't like it and why you have to troll this (and many other things on talkbeer) to make it a pretty unwelcoming place at times. i mean, you really do come across like total miserable homies and I can't think that's what you are going for, is it?
This thread is fine. The host of this is very generous. People will never forget you literally begging for rare schramms bottles so you could post them on Instagram.

I'll bite. This thread in particular featues a bunch of grown men basically begging for an invite to share bottles of fermented sugar water.

It's pretty pathetic.

Drinking beer should be something that's done either after work to unwind or with friends in a no pressure situation.

Most of these whale tastings come off as a pretentious, miserable, totally unenjoyable event, IMO.

This thread is fine. The host of this is very generous. People will never forget you literally begging for rare schramms bottles so you could post them on Instagram.

Ok, so I posted in the schramms and mead threads looking for bottles we didn't have for a tasting. That is a crime or worthy of hate because....Schramms was the ones who bit and ended up sending us some rare bottles? Or it was a problem that I posted a picture on social media so 100 people could see it? Should we string up everyone who ever posts an ISO more than once, anyone who is looking to organize something fun or excessive, or maybe anyone who posts a rare bottle on social media? And godforbid someone does that, let's never move forward (the tasting was 15 months ago according to those instagram pictures you are referring to). That's all well and good and I could care less about the (5 or 6) people who got upset about the schramms stuff or just don't like me for one reason or another, but what about all the stuff not at me...all the stuff that has nothing to do with schramms or the one mead tasting I was involved in? what about all the hate in this thread before steimie even tagged me?

Ok, so I posted in the schramms and mead threads looking for bottles we didn't have for a tasting. That is a crime or worthy of hate because....Schramms was the ones who bit and ended up sending us some rare bottles? Or it was a problem that I posted a picture on social media so 100 people could see it? Should we string up everyone who ever posts an ISO more than once, anyone who is looking to organize something fun or excessive, or maybe anyone who posts a rare bottle on social media? And godforbid someone does that, let's never move forward (the tasting was 15 months ago according to those instagram pictures you are referring to). That's all well and good and I could care less about the (5 or 6) people who got upset about the schramms stuff or just don't like me for one reason or another, but what about all the stuff not at me...all the stuff that has nothing to do with schramms or the one mead tasting I was involved in? what about all the hate in this thread before steimie even tagged me?
I didn't read the whole thread. Sorry!

I'll bite. This thread in particular featues a bunch of grown men basically begging for an invite to share bottles of fermented sugar water.

It's pretty pathetic.

Drinking beer should be something that's done either after work to unwind or with friends in a no pressure situation.

Most of these whale tastings come off as a pretentious, miserable, totally unenjoyable event, IMO.

Agree with much of what you are saying...however, you do realize you are on a website dedicated to drinking beer. This site is not exclusive to rare beer or to shelf beer or even macros. I'm glad that you have very ironclad rules about when drinking beer should happen and how it should go down, but why do we all have to follow your rules? Wouldn't it suck if all of a sudden someone came in and told you that the way you were enjoying beer was wrong. Don't you hate it when you get challenged by people who don't get the craft beer thing? While I agree that whaleshares are pretentious...every hobby taken to extreme is pretentious. Plenty of people who love beer don't trade, don't hunt rarity and all that...nothing wrong with that, but plenty of people hunt rarity and trade, nothing wrong with that. I've never felt pressure drinking beer except back in college when we would play those team based chugging drinking games, but I hear ya that it should be relaxing, but if this kind of stuff bugs you, why can't you just look away and let people have their fun? Why do you have to rain on someone elses parade? I just don't understand it beyond someone just wanting to be a dick.

The irony of having to hit "show posts from ignored users" on every reply to my comment when you are all usernames that I put on ignore LONG ago. This is nothing new for you guys. Why are you internet bullies? Do you even know you are internet bullies?

Agree with much of what you are saying...however, you do realize you are on a website dedicated to drinking beer. This site is not exclusive to rare beer or to shelf beer or even macros. I'm glad that you have very ironclad rules about when drinking beer should happen and how it should go down, but why do we all have to follow your rules? Wouldn't it suck if all of a sudden someone came in and told you that the way you were enjoying beer was wrong. Don't you hate it when you get challenged by people who don't get the craft beer thing? While I agree that whaleshares are pretentious...every hobby taken to extreme is pretentious. Plenty of people who love beer don't trade, don't hunt rarity and all that...nothing wrong with that, but plenty of people hunt rarity and trade, nothing wrong with that. I've never felt pressure drinking beer except back in college when we would play those team based chugging drinking games, but I hear ya that it should be relaxing, but if this kind of stuff bugs you, why can't you just look away and let people have their fun? Why do you have to rain on someone elses parade? I just don't understand it beyond someone just wanting to be a dick.
That's why I ended my thought with "in my opinion". It's just that. My opinion.

Plus, I'm just a dick.

I really could not be further out of the loop

Okay my TB philosophy

**** some people take shite serious

when I first saw this event discussion I got a weeee little bit of a chubby because I thought the OP was hosting a party and handing out some invites for people to walk around taking jeroboams to the face. but now that i see its 40-50 people and there does not appear to be 40-50 magnum +++ sized bottles, im a little disappointed that I misunderstood his intensions.

A little bit of this:
tumblr_o36744bc0f1rt28efo1_500.gif

A little bit of that:
tumblr_o8iw300fRQ1rt28efo1_500.gif

Got me like:
tumblr_o4pqddQAKR1rt28efo1_500.gif

A few pages later:
tumblr_ohxkl4rXlH1rt28efo1_500.gif

I'm all for rustling jimmies:
tumblr_o2csddsro41rt28efo1_500.gif

But crazy party is bigger than that:
tumblr_o7ubeqpn0B1rt28efo2_r1_500.gif

Dick swing pics will be posted:
tumblr_n9ac5iikXl1rt28efo1_500.gif

Glow sticks will be twirled:
tumblr_n8vrfbwtdY1ru5h8co1_500.gif

And from what I hear Fahmie25 will pass out:
tumblr_n732ffVTLZ1rt28efo1_500.gif

See you ****ers in a few weeks:
tumblr_o4awutb7rn1rt28efo1_500.gif

It's pretty pathetic.

Why type so much when a simple GIF will do?

giphy.gif

It's pretty pathetic.

I view this as a LIF.
I don't think grown men begging for something was the intention. Obviously, not everyone can be invited so it was offered up in a LIF format.

I won't beg you for beer, but can you send some to me? Please? ;)

but oh, what a day she was...

Cancel your account

Back