Sat Night Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhaas66

Reaction score
I just made the kit from my B3 kit....

Having lost 2.5 gal with my first batch... I added 2 more gals. Bringing my total to 7.. Thinking boil off will be pretty much the same..

I was wrong.. I was left with 6.1 gal of wert..

I didn't panic.. Took my OG... 1.038.. Put into a glass carboy..

Pitched my English Ale starter.. Going really well.. Looks a little light..

2 questions.. Errors on my part.. Too much water... Will this be ok? Also did not filter the fine granules of hop material from the wert.. Not much in there but still present..

Should I just relax and have a beer?

Or panic...

Thanks...

It will be beer, a little week at 1.038, but should be ok. Might taste a bit watery. Can only wait and see really, so relax.. have a beer :D

If you want, you could boil up another pound/pound and a half of DME with a small amount of water, cool it, and add to the fermenter.

Nah, like I said, get some dry malt extract, just a pound or more and boil it with like, 2 pints of water or so, then cool that down and add it, that will bump up your OG a bit, not sure exactly how much, but a bit.

Or just leave it, your steeping grains should've add a fair amount of body, could be quite tasty.

Back