Sanyo 4912 with a Freezer -- Is it tall enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcaustin

Reaction score
As my subject says, is the interior height of the Sanyo 4912 (with a freezer compartment) tall enough to fit a corny keg in with connections?

It seems that the only fridges I come across on craigslist have freezer compartments... However, this one is just $85 (vs. the new price) so I'd be curious to find out if the kegs would fit..

Austin

Ok, sounds like a no-go... I'll keep watching or pick up a new one, but $85 would have been awesome.

Thanks!

Austin

it's to bad you couldn't measure it, because i have a danby with a freezer section, (I realize were talking about a sanyo) and with pin-lock kegs (which are shorter) fit without a problem.

Just a thought.

IGOR

Plus I don't think they make a 4912 WITH a freezer compartment. I think that person might not know which fridge they have.

Yeah, I didn't see anywhere that had a 4912 with a freezer either... But the guy insisted that it had a freezer compartment in the top. It's sold now anyway, so I'll probably pick one up from Best Buy instead of waiting for another one to show up on Craigslist.

I'm also checking in to a 5.0 cubic foot chest freezer.

It's pretty awesome that my wfe is insisting on kegs instead of collecting ton of bottles!

Austin

yeah.. im wanting to do the kegs instead of bottles as a Christmas gift to my self..
I bottled a holiday ale today, and wanted to bottle my lager also.. but ran out of dang bottles. Well, thats the last time that is going to happen... haha

aekdbbop said:
anyone know if one of those little freezer trays can be removed?

When I asked that question a week or so ago, I was told that the trays themselves actually contain a set of cooling lines. Therefore, you MIGHT be able to bend them downward (i.e. down the back of the fridge), but you would risk breaking the lines and causing coolant leaks.

Austin

Anyone ever consider wine cooler? Found one that you can get to to lower 40 degree range. Would that be cold enough?

I have the Magic Chef MCWC50DBT 50 Bottle wine cooler. The dimensions are right to hold a couple of cornies. Temp range is from 45 - 60 degrees. I use it as my beer cellar for all my vintage and bottle conditioned beers. I have a picture of it in my gallery. Can't attach to my post right now as I'm not on my computer.

Ok, one more question from me about the Sanyo 4912...

I'm going to look at one after work that someone is selling on craigslist... she's not sure what model number it is.

Where do I find the model number on the refrigerator (so that I can tell quickly whether it'll work or not when I get there)? I haven't seen one in person yet...

Thanks!

Austin

I don't know, I only saw it on the box. The only place where there might be information would be next to the compressor in the back. I'm sure you've seen enough pictures of them to recognize them. Plastic top, metal sides, all black. Front door is unpainted metal. Insides are black and no freezer section. It could either be a 4910, 4911 or 4912.

Back