Sanke Adapter Kit Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rxguy5100

Reaction score
Problem: Leaking some beer & gas from fitting on top of Sanke Tap using adapter kit http://www.homebrewing.org/Kegerator-Homebrew-Conversion-Kit_p_52-720.html - Burned through a tank of c02 over night even when everything looked good.

Attempted Solutions :
Used Keg lub between tap - gasket - male adaptor
Used a differed Sanke tap
Tested line with Ball-Lock Out fitting - no leaks.

Please help!

Bobby_M said:
Did you forget to put the rubber washer in?

Nope. Put the rubber washer and even used keg lube to ensure a better seal.

kornkob said:
did you use plumbers tape (teflon tape) on the threads?

I did not use teflon tape. I'm assuming the threads we are reffering to are the ones located on the male adapter. Now, should I place the tape just on the male adapter or around the sanke threads as well?

As a side note, would placing teflon tape inhibit the ability to swap between the sanke and a ball lock?

Thanks for the imput so far guys, keep it coming :)

kornkob said:
did you use plumbers tape (teflon tape) on the threads?
The fittings included with that kit compress a gasket to make the seal. DO NOT use teflon tape on them, or they may actually feel as if they're tightened before you adequately seal the gasket.

Not sure what you've done wrong...check for rubber o-rings and/or plastic gaskets everywhere there is a fitting.

for the flared fittings, you need to use a nylon washer in between the two mating parts of the flare. you don't have to with the ball lock QD's because the QD has a washer built in. like this:

FlareWasher.jpg

Back