Sanitizer in Wort??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyPDFustercluck

Reaction score
Sooo... I just finished up with my first partial mash recipie for oatmeal stout and as I was adding cold H2O in the primary getting ready to pitch, I accidentaly poured a quart of LD Calson no rinse sanitizer that I had sitting in a gallon bottle next to the clean water I was supposed to be using :drunk:

I decided to go ahead and pitch the yeast, as I'd already spent three hours making the wort. It's been 24 hours now and my carboy is happily bubbling away through the blow-off tubing into my sanitizer bucket.

Anyone else had any experiences with sanitizer accidentaly introduced into the wort?

==================================================
Primary1: Air
Primary2: McQuaker's Oatmeal Stout
Secondary1: Mind Bending Barleywine
Secondary2:Air
Bottled: Black Idia Pale Ale, American Amber, Russian Imperial Stout

You should be fine. It's no rinse and that means that it will usually break down after doing it's job and in contact with beer. People have accidently racked into a gallon or more of starsan with no ill effects.

Not with LD Carlson but I've primed my racking cane with StarSan before - no off flavors or tastes.

Back