Salted Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agemmell

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am still pretty new at brewing but I was having a discussion with a friend about trying to make a beer that was off the wall and out there. Have you ever heard of a salted beer? For instance a Salted Caramel Mocha Porter?

That may sound Insane but I figure it is worth a try! Thanks!

Drew

T

I made a peanut butter stout once with "real, all natural" peanut butter. Did the whole oil removal thing and everything. It came out very salty tasting. Not good. Granted, it wasn't supposed to be a salty beer, but the saltines really didn't go well.

But Tekate and a little lime salt, the stuff they sell in the little green pacs, is surprisingly good.

Glad I could be of no help.

I think you should ask yourself...would I really drink a "salted" beer? Maybe add some salt to your favorite brew and see if it grabs you. Personally speaking, I think it sounds disgusting, but like my old man always says, "to each their own".:mug:

Well I wouldn't want it to be too salty, just a hint of it to get the idea. I am thinking about trying this in a few weeks so I will let you all know how it goes!

Back