Saison Brew is crystal clear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
I brewed a saison a couple weeks ago. I accidentally had about 1 gallon more in my fermentor then I wanted. It was supposed to be a 5% beer and ended up being a 4% beer. I must say it still taste delicious though. Anyways....

10 days in the primary and 4 days in the secondary. I wasn't too worried about it being clear so I put it in the keg. Now one week later after sitting in the keg, it's crystal clear.

I just thought it was pretty sweet it was this clear after 2 weeks. I've put beer in for 6 weeks and they didn't come out this clear.

Cheers

I have a saison that I fermented with WLP670 and it looks like I filtered it. Nice and clear.

Is Saison yeast just really well flocculating?

Interestingly, I just opened a bottle of my first saison, and it too is crazy clear. I didn't treat it any differently.... My process was exactly the same. I used WY670 as well. During fermentation, I have a note that it was remaining cloudier than my other beers and wasn't noticeably clearer at bottling.

The clarity is surprising! I wish all my beers looked this way!!

Back