Safest light bulb heating fermenter setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a hair dryer hooked to my controller. It not only heats but circulates. I use it in my fermentation chamber (inside), in my beer fridge and keezer, which are in the pole building during Chicago area winters...it always does the job.

Those damn light bulbs, they always burst into flames and kill people.
LOL that's what I say...I cut an extension cord in half, wired tied a pigtail to it and leave a 40W lightbulb hanging in the air...works perfectly perfect...another overthinking homebrew project

Hate to revive a dead thread but think it needs to be said there are many of us who homebrew because we love building things and solving problems. Some of us are comfortable working with electricity and build things in our everday lives. If this isn't you, then please don't do this as a first project... spend $20 and get a reptile heater. For me, spending an evening tinkering with discarded equipment in my basement was fun. I ended up with a 35 watt bulb I found and anchored it in a ceramic fixture and put it all in a small electrical box. All this stuff was collecting dust in my basement. Total cost: $0.. If I didn't have this stuff I would totally get a reptile heater.

Back