safe to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beatty Brewer

Reaction score
I thought I was ready to bottle my IPA, 3 hydro readings of 1.006 but the air-lock is still bubling about every 2 min. is this just co2 coming out of solution or from the yeast cake? It has been in there for just over 4 weeks. I want to trust my hydrometer but I have visions of bottle bombs dancing in my head.:)

The OG was 1.074, it was a John bull 1.8 Kg can with a bag of corn sugar. I had at 68* F the first day until it spewed krausen out the air lock so I moved it to the basement at 62 and it slowed down. After 2 weeks I moved it back to the 68 room and agitated the yest cake and it sped up again.

This was just another paranoid post. No bottles burst and the one I sampled last night was well carbonated and very tasty even green. Now all I have to do is try not to drink them all before St. Patrick's day.

With an OG of 74 your FG should have been 18 (1.018). Bottling near there would have been OK.

How much Corn Sugar did you use to get an OG that high?? Must have been 4 lbs. That's way too much for any brew. Chances are your brew will end up cidery.

Back