Sad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anengineer

Reaction score
What you have to go through to post an image and
to post a video file is a royal pain.

It is truly NOT user friendly.

How hard is it to click on
insertimage.gif
and cut and past the url of your picture into a post to have a picture???
Or type [ img ] [ / img] minus the spaces???

Or type [ url ] [ / url ] (minus the spaces) to post a youtube video????

I've never seen anything easier...except maybe having a
upload-video-button.jpg
as well.

:confused:

It has to be hosted from another site. Your site or Ficker or something like that. Then while your posting you click the insert image button (the one above with the mountain and sun. Then insert the url for the image. Most sites will have a place that you can copy and paste from.
Hope this helps,
:fro:

It has to be hosted from another site. Your site or Ficker or something like that. Then while your posting you click the insert image button (the one above with the mountain and sun. Then insert the url for the image. Most sites will have a place that you can copy and paste from.
Hope this helps,
:fro:

He's a paying member, he can upload pictures to his own part of the gallery here, and it generates the url he needs to post his pics...already with the [ img] tags on it...

Even easier...

That's why I'm confused.....methinks the op just doesn't know how easy it is...:drunk:

What's a tag? I used was the image icon above and got nothing. I only wrote the (bracket) part so the url would 'print'.

Revy -

The first thing I did was 1: upload the jpg to my gallery and also 2. TRIED to upload a short video but could not find directions on how to do a video file.

I was/am not able to access either the jpg (after what I thought was a successful upload of the jpg) and still haven't a clue about a video file.

What's a tag? I used was the image icon above and got nothing. I only wrote the (bracket) part so the url would 'print'.

Works now, but I still don't know what I did wrong the first time...

I think you used a url link with ?=/ in it and it wasn't acceptable.

OP in order to host a video you have to use youtube and post the link as I showed you.

The right pic link should now be in your gallery...Nonpaid members have to be here 6 months OR have over 50 posts before they can post pics on their own. Since you are paid, you should be able to with no problem...

I clicked on your gallery and you have no pictures uploaded....it's not difficut to upload pictures on here at all. ut like I said you can't to my knowlege upload vids...

To All:

Here is what would be user friendly:

1. Type in your post.
2. Drag and drop your file where it
needs to be shown in the post.

Anything more difficult than this is
poorly engineered.

To All:

1. Type in your post.

poorly engineered.

Well, I've been on several v-bulletin style boards like this for probably the last decade...and it's always been done this way...and it's pretty user friendly afaic.

I guess since it's highly doubtful that it's gonna change to make YOU happy, since you're the only one that has seemed to complain about it as long as I've been here, you can either not post pictures, or learn to do it the way that works here.

*shrug*

anengineer said:
To All:

1. Type in your post.

poorly engineered.

RDWHeleventeenHBs!

To All:

1. Type in your post.

poorly engineered.

You obviously haven't spent much time on discussion forums, because the many that I belong to, and also those that I own, work in the same fashion as this site. You also have to realize that most discussion forums (including this one) are using packaged software. There is little user control over how objects are allowed to be posted. Please point me to a site that allows one to post objects as you described, I'm sure it doesn't exist.

This site at least hosts photos. Most of the others I belong to require that you store the photos elsewhere. Storing video requires massive storage space and bandwidth. As a subscriber, I don't want to pay the extra costs necessary for that feature, when it is readily available via youtube.

Back