Sad Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jud

Reaction score
Well I have an IPA and a SWMBO in Primary. IPA has been going strong for 14 days SWMBO for 7 days. I just floated my Brown Ale this afternoon..:( I don't have any more containers for primary. And out of home brew!!! I keep tring to get my turn around up but I just can't brew as fast as I drink!!! :mad: This sucks!!! Had to go to store and buy Dogfishhead 90 IPA:D How do you guys get so many kegs on tap? This isn't working out right!

I do not keg but I brew every other weekend. It takes a few months to get the inventory up to sustainable levels. Then I just keep going.

I too was in this dilema. I had an oktoberfest party, and all of my kegs were massacred. I still had bottles though.

As for me... when I run low on kegs, I usually force myself to brew 3-4 weekends in a row. Get a nice pipeline going, then I can have two on tap, one on deck, and one in the hole. Whenever I empty one, I brew another. It works for me since it takes me around two months to go through a keg. I don't have people over often, and I usually only have a pint a day.

I have two primaries and I brew every saturday as long as I have a free fermenter. Every beer gets up to two weeks in the primary to finish, then goes into one of my 10 kegs where it gets cold conditioned until one of my six taps opens up.

If your math has kept up, that means I have up to 4 full kegs carbonated and ready to drink should any of my six kick. Since two of the six are probably recently tapped, the chances of kicking more than 4 in a week is very low.

I like buckets. I found a local container store where I can get 6 gallon food buckets with lids for about $9 a piece. Bought 8 of them. Fermenters are always the bottleneck in any brewery, so always have plenty of them... which is much easier if they are cheap.

I have two primaries and I brew every saturday as long as I have a free fermenter. Every beer gets up to two weeks in the primary to finish, then goes into one of my 10 kegs where it gets cold conditioned until one of my six taps opens up.

I need to get myself a keezer. Must be nice having all those available taps. I don't drink enough beer to make it a priority though. For now, my dual tap fridge will work fine.

I keep trying to keep the pipeline going but damn it is just so good I can't help drinking it. I am ordering bulk grain in the morning this should help a little. Also didn't plan on the IPA still haveing krausen on it after 2 weeks!!! Kinda of hurt the plan. Yeah I need some more fermenters!!! I can see that for sure. I thought 2 primary and 2 secondary would do great I was wrong!!!!

Coast Your the man all those tapped kegs!!!!! Where was that your house was????

You can rack under the krausen if the beer is fully fermented. I've had beers in the primary for a month that still had krausen on them. Sometimes it just doesn't fall in.

As for being out of beer... use the time so you can experience new commercial beers hitting the market.

I had to chop my swmbo up to get her to fit in the fermenter, but she was an 11 gallon batch.

And theres my creepiest post on hbt!

Back