Rye pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaySKing

Reaction score
Just had a glass of a rye pale I brewed. It was a Brewers best kit. Beer is fairly hoppy, but other than the hops it taste watered down. Since its already in the keg, can I add any flavor. And what did I do wrong?

Alcohol content is there. Just watered down taste, other than the hops. Just usedone grain bag, and may have been to compacted. Would that have made a big difference.

If you've hit your OG and FG right on then that's the beer. I don't like kits for this reason, as you may have been given old grains or extract, and you are at the mercy of someone else's recipe.

Not sure what would go well as far as flavoring with any spice.

If its legged you could maybe combine it with a different batch to make some kind of fusion beer

9 times out of 10, this issue has to do with adding too much top-off water after cooldown. Extract has a set gravity and set body profile, so if you hit the proper OG, you'd have the proper body.

Back