Rye pale ale question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepanik1986

Reaction score
I'm making a ryepa and would like to use hops I already have but don't know if they'd go well.

8oz comet
2oz santiam
.5 oz magnum

I'd just give it a try. If it doesn't work out the way you'd like, just a make a note of that and try again.

What gravity? How much rye? How hoppy do you like it? If you have an OG of 1.050 and plenty of rye you could bitter with the Magnum, add a couple of oz of Comet late and call it a day.

So after bottling this past Thursday, this thing has perfect carbonation and may be a house brew.
Can't remember the grain bill off hand but I remember it having 9ish pounds 2row, 1.25 rye malt, some victory and honey malts. Maybe half pounds or so. OG came out around 1.065 and finished 1.013. Hopped with .5 oz magnum and .5 oz comet @ fwh. .5 comet 60 min. .5 comet 45min, 1oz comet at 30, 15 and FO. The dry hopped with 1 oz for 5days. It's still young but very drinkable

Back