Rye Pale Ale Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cummins2500hd

Reaction score
My fermentation started Friday around 4pm about 20 hours after placing in the bucket. Temp was steady at 70.

Last night my wife opened windows in the house and temp on temp strip read 64 this morning. Bubbling in the air lock seems to have stopped

I am sure the temp will rise again today to around 70. Should I be concerned?

The rising temps will cause it to un-stall. FWIW, it's better if you can keep the temperatures stable. 70 degress f is a little on the warm side for my tastes. :)

The most active period of your fermentation might also be complete. Let it stand for two weeks and do a gravity reading over two or three days. If the gravity stops dropping, it's complete.

Bubbling is really not an indication of fermentation. My guess is that it is still going. Give it a couple more weeks and check the gravity.

The best temp depends on the yeast used, but for most ales I would rather ferment at 64. 70 is too warm.

When should I transfer to my secondary fermenter?

The place I bought my equipment is saying to do it tomorrow if no bubbles still. As of now still none...

Back