Rye beer- ?ready in 4 wks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgarry

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed an Irish red for the fourth. Party has increased in size. Not sure one keg will be enough. Brewed a Rye beer that was meant for faction on July 11-23. Anyway, I never rush a beer.......but I can force carb the rye but wondering how bad an idea it is.

just keep the OG reasonably low and itll be fine.

Or you could do a hefe or ESB or something. Definitely be ready by then if you ferment it right

OP has already brewed the rye beer.

FWIW, I brewed a Belgian Rye Pale Ale on 5/25 and I was drinking it last night. I say give it a go.

I think you will be fine. I just finished force carbing my Cream Ale that was brewed on the 30th. Already cleared (gelatin) and tastes good.

Alright, will give it a try. Will give it another week, then cold crash for a week, then keg for a week. Will update with how it taste.

Alright, will give it a try. Will give it another week, then cold crash for a week, then keg for a week. Will update with how it taste.

If it we me I'd give it 2 weeks then combine the cold crash and keg for that last week.

Use a quick yeast. For example, I've recently learned that WY 1272 is awesome but slow. If I need a beer done by 7/4, I would definitely not use that.

I used W 1056 yeast. If I wait till the 27th of June, that will be 3 wks after mashing and give we a week to cold crash and carb. Might split the difference somewhat. I guess I can always serve the Irish Red and after several glasses, no body will notice anything anyway.

Back