Rusty Rollers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTRyan

Reaction score
Need some advice, I picked up a use JSP Malt Mill, cheap, no hopper, the head to bolt that secures the handle broke off so the handle is stuck on and the rollers were quite rusty.

I clean the the rollers the best I could with a wire brush and a wire bush head on my drill, but I can't seem to get them looking like new again, little spots of rust in the recesses and what not. so two questions:

Any advice on deep cleaning these rollers?

Will a little rust have an impact on finished beer, I'm worried about a metallic flavor?

Need some advice, I picked up a use JSP Malt Mill, cheap, no hopper, the head to bolt that secures the handle broke off so the handle is stuck on and the rollers were quite rusty.

I clean the the rollers the best I could with a wire brush and a wire bush head on my drill, but I can't seem to get them looking like new again, little spots of rust in the recesses and what not. so two questions:

Any advice on deep cleaning these rollers?

Will a little rust have an impact on finished beer, I'm worried about a metallic flavor?
if you cant get it off with a wire brush why do you think it will end up in your beer? and if any did it would be way too little to effect anything.

Back