Rowdy Root Beer is made with "Flavorless Stout"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loeks

Reaction score
I just saw that one of my local bottle shops just got Rowdy Root Beer (apparently a brand that is trying to compete with Not Your Father's). I thought I would do a little research to find out more about it. What I read is that is is made with a "flavorless stout" as the base. Kinda seems like a contradiction of terms, dontcha think?

I suppose Guiness isn't terribly flavorful, so you may have a point there. But it's still got a lot of roasty flavors. I guess what I'm wondering is if they use some kind of high tech fancy process to take the flavor out of beer to make it flavorless.

EDIT: I only saw the first line of your response before I replied.

I suppose Guiness isn't terribly flavorful, so you may have a point there. But it's still got a lot of roasty flavors. I guess what I'm wondering is if they use some kind of high tech fancy process to take the flavor out of beer to make it flavorless.

Quoted before edit.

Back