Roving Kegerator Cleaning Service - Portland, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmgrubb

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a guy that'll come to the house and clean personal kegerators? I'm new to this forum, and to the homebrewtalk website - but I've had a kegerator unplugged for 4+ years (don't worry, no keg) and it need a full service stop.

A couple of years ago, I saw a guy driving a truck - that advertised such on it - but can't find his number anywhere. Would greatly appreciate any tips on where I can hire out this service. I'm happy to learn how to do it ... but would rather a pro take care of it the first time.

Thanks!

fill a spray bottle with a couple of teaspoons of bleach and 500ml water and spray everything down and leave it sit for 15 minutes. Wipe it clean. The bleach should kill all of the nasties. I use bleach to clean the lines as well, but there are products specifically for this on the market as well. I mix up about 1/4 cup bleach in a keg that needs sanitising as well, seal it, shake it, leave it sit for 10-15 minutes, then run the bleach solution out through the tap and lines. Then I flush the keg with aots of water, until the bleach smell is completely gone, fill it with clear water and run that entire keg of water through the tap and lines, leaving a pressurized, sanitised keg, and clean lines and taps.

i agree with Duffman, just clean it your self with some bleach, get some beer line cleaner and sanitizer to clean the lines, kegs taps etc. i would change any rubber gaskets you had in there with some fresh ones.

you can always put a couple boxes of baking soda in there to soak up any off smells after the clean up!

I live in SE Portland.......and would gladly come over and help you clean your kegerator for free. All I would charge is a few samle pints :cross:

Then the next time you will know how to do it yourself. Its not very hard. Im am an OCD clean freak when it comes to my kegerator. So I'll show you how to clean the kegerator and the lines "the right way"

Ed

I realize this is a little late, but yes there is a service that will come to the house to clean your kegerator. We are Perfect Pour Services and we are a Portland, OR based draft maintenance company. We are happy to install, maintain, and fix both commercial or residential draft system. There is no system that is too small. Each and every tap represents a brewery and a Brewer's vision. Drink with respect!

Cheers,

James Ameeti
Perfect Pour Services
(503) 714-5020

www.PerfectPourServices.com

Back