Round 2.0. Whoo Hoo! Reusing the primary...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iqbal624

Reaction score
Ok, so for Xmas my wife bought me a brew kit. I was really excited!
Last week, I brewed my first beer. A Porter as I let her pick what the first beer would be and she's a big porter fan.
Here's the recipe:
North Corner Brewing | BIG PORTER

Then I was telling a friend i was going to move to a secondary and he asked me if I was ready to brew a second batch. I said I guess and he told me that I could brew right into the primary without adding any additional yeast and avoid a round of cleaning the primary. Both sounded like positives so I brewed an ipa today.
Recipe: North Corner Brewing | INDIA PALE ALE

In this one, I substituted all the hops for Chinook hops as I hear that's what's in Arrogant Bastard and it sounded pretty cool.

I checked on both of them three hours after putting them in the carboys and the primary with the new wort was just going CRAZY!!!

It was out of control! I'm really excited. I already had permission to order a keg system with two kegs (recommendations appreciated) and now with the smell of hops taking over the house, she's leaning towards a propane burner and a bull boil setup!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

I'm really excited to see how they turn out!!

Back