Rotating Dip/Draining Tube for Fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzeWuzze

I Love DIY
Reaction score
So i have one of the 17 Gallon Ace Rotomold fermenters, works great for my 10(really 12) gallon batches except that even with a large jar on the output i end up with a ton of yeast and stuff at the bottom of the cone and as those that have one know it tends to stick to the walls.

Many people seem to install draining/dip tube at a location above the trub, but i realize as i brew various beers , some 10G or 5G that the level of crap at the bottom can vary a bit.

So i am trying to figure out a way to have a dip tube that you can rotate from the outside so i can set it above the junk and drain out.

Blichmann seems to have a kit to convert one of their fittings to swivel, but im unsure if it would work with other weldless fittings from Brewhardware or brewershardware for example. Or would a normal weldless fitting from these stores spin a bit if wiggled from the outside? I'm just worried the seal would get compromised and my beer would dump all over the floor.

Anyone done this and if so got a part list?

Back