Rookie homebrewer Mpls area, MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thalon

Reaction score
Hey all! I got into homebrewing in December '06 after a couple years of seeing my brother-in-law make some really decent beers using mail-order recipe kits. I have been making 5 gal batches of recipe kits from Midwest Brewing Supply since their location is barely 5 minutes from where I work. Got myself some decent equipment including a 7.5gal stockpot (boiling all 5 gal at a time sure is nice!), high efficiency wort cooler, and now a basic kegging kit.

I came across these forums via a Firefox addon called StumbleUpon. Up until now I've told myself that extract brewing is plenty good for me. But after reading a couple posts in the all-grain section here, I'm really starting to understand it a lot better. I'm looking forward to experimenting with the partial-mash and eventually going all-grain. :mug:

Oh, and I think the tank smiley is absolutely HILARIOUS! :tank:

welcome.
haven't used midwest brewing supply yet, but have been meaning to get over there and check it out. i've been going to barkingside.com since it is only a couple of blocks from my house. perhaps our paths will cross in one of them.

happy brewing

~pim

Welcome. I order almost everything from Midwest. I've only been to the store once (it's a bit of a drive) but really friendly folks. There kits are pretty good to.

Back