Roland's Sweet CranRaspberry Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RolandD

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Another success in my search for simple and easy ciders.

6.5 gallons Northland Cranberry Raspberry Juice​
2 Tbls Yeast Nutrient​
1 Tbls Yeast Energizer​
1 Pkt Lalvin D-47 Yeast​
6 cups Morena sugar (for sweetening)​
3 cups Northland Cranberry Raspberry Juice (for sweetening)​
OG 1.048 I put the Nutrients and Energizer in the fermenter and aerated the juice as I poured. Pitched yeast dry and gave a stir. Racked to Secondary after 14 days. SG 1.004 Added K-Meta on day 18, K-Sorb on day 19. FG 1.001 On the 27th day, I made a simple syrup from the sugar and juice. Poured syrup into keg and racked cider on top. I charged the keg to 40 psi, laid it on its side, and rocked it back and forth for five minutes. Reduced pressure to 20 psi and refrigerated keg. Tonight has been 24 hours and it's not quiet there. Tomorrow it should be perfectly carbonated to my liking.

This is at the top end for me as far as sweetness goes, but my wife likes it.

Attachments

• CranRaspberry Cider.jpg
    CranRaspberry Cider.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
After drinking on this for a week is bled the pressure off the keg and siphoned a gallon of the unsweetened cider, I had set aside, into it. I pressurized it to 30 psi and shook it a bit to get it mixed. I left it for 48 hours to over carbonate. a bit. Today, I bottled 45-12 oz bottles off the keg. The extra carbonation made it perfect after going through the Beer Gun. Adding the gallon of unsweetened, brought the sweetness down to an excellent level.

Attachments

• CranRasp.jpg
    CranRasp.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 33
How did you get 6.5 gallons of juice into a keg?

Never mind. Question answered in the second post. I think I'll try this with cranapple juice.

Last edited:
Back