Roger Waters concert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Set my calendar for tickets sales this morning to see Roger Waters do a concert in Grand Rapids, which is about 1.5 hours from me.

He wants $105 each for the cheapest tickets.

F me but I'm not paying that! As much as I want to see a Pink Floyd concert, that's just too much.

If it was the original lineup, I'd jump on it though.

Homercidal said:
Set my calendar for tickets sales this morning to see Roger Waters do a concert in Grand Rapids, which is about 1.5 hours from me.

F me but I'm not paying that! As much as I want to see a Pink Floyd concert, that's just too much.

If it was the original lineup, I'd jump on it though.

I wouldn't pay it either. I'd shell out $200-$300 for the original lineup though.

Too bad david gilmour has said it'll never happen again.

Are you sure? It looks like the lowest tickets are $57.50...but not sure there are any left...

I saw Roger's Hitchhiking and KAOS tours -- great shows. But Floyd without Roger for the Momentary Lapse tour was light years better -- goosebumps.

I'd go see any of the bandmates for $60 or so on their own. I've seen Gilmour's live stuff on Youtube and it's pretty good. He has said he doesn't want to repeat the same old stuff and wants to look to the future.

I think that's a polite way of saying "I don't want to tour with those guys cause we hate each other." Cause their old music kicks ass.

It's my opinion that Rogers can be an @ss, but damn he was a good songwriter.

Are you sure? It looks like the lowest tickets are $57.50...but not sure there are any left...

I saw Roger's Hitchhiking and KAOS tours -- great shows. But Floyd without Roger for the Momentary Lapse tour was light years better -- goosebumps.

Ticketmaster lists $101 for the cheapest.

I have The Pulse Live album, and IMO it's about as good as listening to the original records, especially with headphones.

If you haven't listened to Floyd with headphones on you are missing out.

Ticketmaster lists $101 for the cheapest.

Just checked...there are still a bunch left on ticketmaster for $77.50 plus tax. Sections 201-203, 227-228.

Agree re: headphones. Echoes on Gilmour's DVD Live from the Royal Albert Hall in HD/surround is also mind bending.

It is The Wall tour. I saw it last year at the TD Garden in Boston. The ticket was 200 bucks. I got it as a wedding gift. Fantastic show. I wouldn't spend my own cash on a ticket though.

I would spend 200 buck to hear Animals with the original line up.

Just checked...there are still a bunch left on ticketmaster for $77.50 plus tax. Sections 201-203, 227-228.

Agree re: headphones. Echoes on Gilmour's DVD Live from the Royal Albert Hall in HD/surround is also mind bending.

I'll check again. I think I may have had "best seats" chosen by accident.

At that price I will be seriously tempted. I've seen both Gilmour and Waters on TV and they both look like fantastic shows. Plus it's The Wall...

Why am I hesitating??

So the wife is not interested in going. She doesn't appreciate Pink Floyd like she should.

I think the Xmas budget is stressing her out again this year.

I bet if Led Zepplin were touring she'd have bought tickets.

LOL! No. She's usually got pretty good taste in music and almost never fails at Classic Rock Trivia.

She's probably right. Xmas is coming up and I should also save my pennies so I can be prepared.

On the one hand, I might be missing a rare event, but I could also use that money on upgrading my rig.

It killed me to do so ... but I couldn't pass it up. I got tickets for the Philly show in July. I've never spent more than $60 on a concert, but getting a chance to see The Wall in person will be something I'll never get to do again!

If you can get tix under $100 I'd say don't miss it. I saw the In The Flesh Tour and The Dark Side of the Moon Tour. Fortunately for me I saw DSOTM from the front row ( My buddy worked for the amphitheater and scored us tickets) Both shows were absolutely mind blowing. If you're worried about not having the original line up, don't worry. The band he has backing him is so friggen good, it's almost impossible to tell the difference, other than the fact they don't look like Pink Floyd. Do your self a favor and spring form the show. It will be so worth it.

Oooh no ... I'm jacked about it. it's gonna be great! Just seeing the pictures from the 2010 show ... it's going to be like nothing I've ever seen before! The only problem is ... I've gotta wait until July!!!! haha

I went last year, it was no doubt the best show I have ever seen! Sound was great and all the effects were unreal.

Back