RJS Amarone della Valpolicella Classico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birvine

Reaction score
Well, after completely halting my beer-making a few weeks ago and selling all of the beer-related gear, I gave a lot of thought to trying wine again. I tried it in the nineties but it was pretty crappy stuff. I think I can attribute that to cheap kits and not really knowing anything about technique. Specifically, I was lax in the realms of degassing and time/patience.

Having spent a LOT of time on HBT in the beer forums, I wanted to remain here if possible. Thankfully, Yooper is not only a beer brewer but a winemaker. Her knowledge in so many aspects of this hobby is very thorough, it seems to me.

Thank you Y for mentioning the En Primeur kits a few times in different threads. Overall, the kits seem to be respected across the board. Yesterday I picked up the Amarone V. (at a retailer in my neck of the woods) and just moments ago got it going.

Thanks all. Now to research the various methods of degassing for that day.

B

Back