• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Riwaka hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonrover

Reaction score
So I recieved my hops order today. I was all excited to get my order of riwaka hops, instead of getting what i wanted i was sent was wakatu. Similar enough in name i get it, but im still out of what i want for my rye wheat ipa. Does anybody have any leads on where i can get some domestically? I found some on a New Zealand website but thirty bucks for 2.5 oz didn't justify the cost. Any leads are appreciated. :confused:

Not sure where you are in Chicago area and its probably a long shot but give Brandon a call at Chicago Brew Werks in Plainfield. They are my LHBS and the best LHBS in all of the land. He gets crazy experimental hops from Germany that nobody else has and stocks 250 different malts. If anybody has them or knows where to find them it would be him. He seems to really take pride in having the stuff nobody else has. Their number is 815-531-5557. Brandon is the owner but everybody that works there is super helpful. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I gave him a call but no luck. He said that he had every variety of NZ hops except Riwaka. Oh well i guess ill just ask Santa.

Back