Risy1 a many of many trades!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risy1

Reaction score
Hey HBF My name is Risy and I'm from the Inland Empire of Southern California. I live really close to San Bernadino... Ya know...

I'm avid drinker, and a newer brewer. My first beer that I made was a single hopped Amarillo IPA that has horrible note taking on it, and random adjustments.

I just finished my second IPA that is 2 row, crystal 40 and wheat. Starting gravity 1.072, 83 ibu (Galaxy, Amarillo, Lemon Drop). As a first run on my make shift gravity system I'm not upset.

My favorite types of beers I guess are IPA's (I'm such a Californian), Next are gose's, Beers with Lactobacillus, or brettanomyces, hefes, saisons, and a Dopplebock or some sort of dark lager.

You guys can all dip out here, because ya know tl;dr but a little bit more about myself.

I'm a DJ, an Emcee, a gardener (Both Bonsai's and Veggies) I work in a coffee shop, and a specialty cheese store. I've competed in barista competitions, and I'm excited to try my hand at a local homebrew competition one day soon.

Beer brewing seems fun, excited and challenging. As I've read through a few forums here about Imperial stouts, and how long people leave them in secondary has got me wanting to plan out my entire year of beer brewing, so I can have heavy beers in the winter, and crisp fun ones in the summer. It's like being a bonsai artist planning months an advance to have something that I can share and enjoy.

I have a lot of questions, and I hope my time here being a part of this community is fruitful! Thank you!

Your hobbies and interests actually sound pretty exciting! Sounds like you're a very hands-on person too!

I'm new here too, and more or less completely new to brewing myself. Good luck in your experiments!

Back