RIP Billy Mays

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw that too. Does this mean QVC will be playing his infomercials all day in tribute?

I'm kind of bummed. Not a fan of infomercials at all, but I've been watching a few of those Pitchmen shows recently and it was actually kind of interesting and Billy looked like a pretty fun guy.

Billy-Mays-pointing.jpg

Billy Mays was found dead in his home this morning.

'Infomercial King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com

I don't know what to buy anymore. All is lost.

This is just crazy, 50 years old as well. I wonder who is next
Pick Ryan Seacrest, pick Ryan Seacrest...

I'm waiting for the Pol to chime in.

RIP Billy.

Word has it his arteries were clogged with Mighty Putty.

Maybe he OD'd on OxyClean?

Damn... He was annoying but I'd been digging the pitchmen show too and he seemed a good guy. RIP Billy.

It actually bums me out a bit about Billy Mays. All jokes aside, he didn't seem like a bad guy and I have far more respect for him than another recently dead individual who people seem to think was Jesus.

RIP Billy.

My girlfriend thinks he cut himself shaving and Vince brought him a Shamwow to soak up the blood. Like a vampire, it sucked him dry.

I will miss this man on TV. It is such a shame at 50. I bet they will find out it was a heart attack. He wasn't the most fit looking individual. :(

Oh my god, I thought this was a joke or a hoax, then I hit google news...wow....

We homebrewers, who use oxyclean by the ton need to lift a Pint of our creations to the guy!!!

:mug:

My girlfriend thinks he cut himself shaving and Vince brought him a Shamwow to soak up the blood. Like a vampire, it sucked him dry.

I will miss this man on TV. It is such a shame at 50. I bet they will find out it was a heart attack. He wasn't the most fit looking individual. :(

They think it might be because the plane he was in yesterday blew a tire and because of the impact and jostling something fell on his head. He said he was OK and just went on with his life but that may have been what killed him.

It actually bums me out a bit about Billy Mays. All jokes aside, he didn't seem like a bad guy and I have far more respect for him than another recently dead individual who people seem to think was Jesus.

RIP Billy.

Yeah seriously, frankly I think Jackson "died" years ago when the whole child molestation case came about and he turned into a crazy hermit.

I learned very early that advertising budget and product quality are inversely related. Any product that needs to be pitched by someone like Mays, is off my list.

I'm kind of bummed. Not a fan of infomercials at all, but I've been watching a few of those Pitchmen shows recently and it was actually kind of interesting and Billy looked like a pretty fun guy.

Me too. I hated his commercials, but I've watched a couple of those Pitchmen shows and he comes across as a nice guy in my book. I can't say I would have cared much if it was that British guy who died, but I was warming to Billy.

I thought deaths were supposed to come in 3s. So I figured Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. But now you've got Billy Mays too. So is this breaking the rule or the start of another cycle???

I thought deaths were supposed to come in 3s. So I figured Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. But now you've got Billy Mays too. So is this breaking the rule or the start of another cycle???

Include David Carradine and we just need one more to make a two'fer. I'm thinking os starting a dead pool. :cross:

Back