Rinse bottles after soaking in easy clean (before bottling)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyg

Reaction score
I'm in the process of pre-bottling so I'm rinsing and cleaning all my beer bottles.
Usually soak everything in Oxsee clean and then rinse all the bottles and then sanitize them however I ran out of Oxsee clean and I found some one step easy clean.
The container says that I do not need to rinse however I'm leery of soaking in some kind of soap and not rinsing.

Should I rinse my bottles out with water prior to sanitizing after cleaning with easy clean?

I would. However, I do not trust One Step. I would go out and get some PBW from your LHBS, or go get more oxyclean.

I don't wash bottles. After pouring I fill them up and dump twice, fill them up halfway with HOT water, shake and dump 4 times then fill with hot water to the top and leave overnite on the counter.
Next day they go to a bottle tree in the garage where they hang until bottling day.
I make a 5 gallon bucket full of starsan, rack half to my bottling bucket and pour back in the 5 gallon, touching every surface, count out bottle caps and submerge them in a bowl full, sanitize everything else, then finally submerge 10 bottles upright in the bucket, remove, empty back into the bucket, stack on the counter, submerge 10 more, fill the first 10, repeat until they're all filled then cap them all.
Never had an infection. Never any issues except figuring out which brand bottles don't lend themselves to reuse.

I think OneStep is a forum of oxyclean.

You don't have to rinse.......BUT if you're using it as a cleaner you should because that assumes that there is some dirt or debris on the bottles.

If the bottle is clean already, no need to clean. But if it's not clean, then it should be cleaned, rinsed, and then sanitized.

If it is clean, it can be sanitized.

If I start with clean bottles (always recommended since it's easier!), I just inspect and give a quick rinse to make sure there is not dust or anything, then sanitize.

I've used OneStep in the past as a sanitizer, and it was fine.

I usually rinse the bottles after a pour. And then stashed in garage or basement.
However sometimes during this summer I got lazy especially after a few beers!

I also had my dehumidifier break in y basement which caused some mild issues.

So I am working at ensuring they are clean.

I ended up filling a 5 gallon bucket with easy clean. Soaked each bottle for a min or 2 and the. Rinsed with water.
They turned out nice and clean.
Now I have to sterilize.

I am with Mexibilly, I dont use the Oxyclean in the inside of the bottles. I rise and dump and if the bottle is too bad, I will toss. I will use it for taking off labels by letting them sit standing up in in pot of Oxyclean to the neck of the bottle and I fill the bottles with water so they will sink

I always wash my bottles before filling everytime and sanitize with star stan. I've used oxyclean to soak my bottles in to remove the old glue and labels form the commerical bottles

Back