Ridiculous Brewing Event for Charity Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbass

Reaction score
I wanted to get the thoughts of fellow HBT'ers about an event we're going to be doing later this summer.

I brew collectively with 8 people. We get together at least once a week and will occasionally brew concurrently. We're also a group of friends who will pursue ridiculous ideas.

We've got a group of people who are now dedicated to keep 3 brew stations going for 24 hours straight in about 2 months, the Saturday-Sunday before Labor Day. As we've mentioned it we've gotten interest from a few local breweries about stopping by and briefly witnessing the mayhem.

We're now considering putting it online in the vein of http://desertbus.org/, who plays the most painful video game ever created straight for as long as they collect donations that are all handed to charity.

I'm curious if any brewers here would either be A: interested in donating to such an effort that would go 100% to charity and/or B: interested in watching and interacting with this large group of crazies online via ustream/twitter.

We're not looking for anything at all to make this successful, its going to happen anyways, but because of the local interest that everyone has expressed when they hear of this crazy idea, I thought I'd gauge the interest of the community here.

We'd have someone (sober) in charge of managing the 3 different video streams and the online chats. Are there any other ideas that might make this more interesting to others?

It's an interesting idea. If you're going to do it anyway, why not see if you can raise some cash for charity at the same time? Even if you end up with $10, that's $10 the charity didn't have in the first place.

Latest posts

Back