Richmond, VA signing on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakers3

Reaction score
Hi there, ya'll - my name is Bill. Food background (in college) but currently working in IT. I have a great wife who rolls her eyes but supports my need to have a hobby, two daughters with one more on the way that is due in June. Three daughters seems like a reason enough for a dad to drink!

Great site you have here, loaded with lots of great information, experience and helpful and open mindset. Looking forward to using some or most of that to bring some good future brews to friends (and my) tables.

Have my first batch of Saison on primary and plotting something easy to use as an excuse to sanitize my kitchen again for the next one. Chatted up the brewmaster at my favorite local micro yesterday and asked for some yeast (based on something I read on this site) . He said he would be more than happy to fill a jar for me and call me when it is ready.

Hoping I have some success early on with some batches as it will be a difficult justification to previously mentioned SWMBO to keep on trucking if I am spending money on ready made brew while dumping mine down the drain. Anyway, thanks so much for the support you all provide and I will be visiting quite a bit. I suppose I need to come up with a good 'birthing brew' to celebrate the arrival in a couple of months.

Welcome. I'm 90 minutes N/W of you in Culpeper County, VA.

Great hobby. Having nothing but daughters is my greatest fear of being a parent so I commend you!

Back