Rhizomes arrived yesterday - not ready to plant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my rhizomes arrived from Fresh Hops yesterday (super fast shipping!), but I'm not quite ready to plant them. I live in a town house, so I'll have to put them in a container - which I don't have yet, nor do I have any soil prepared. The paperwork that came with them said "Upon obtaining the rhizoimes, they should be stored in a plastic bag slightly moistened in a refrigerator.", which I have done. Will they be okay for a few days, perhaps up to a week?

In a similar thread I posted about my experience with some gifted Fuggles rhizomes that I bagged with a damp piece of paper towel, stuck in the fridge, then forgot for over two months. When I rediscovered them I planted them outdoors and they yielded a few ounces of dry cones...

Cheers!

I would advise to make sure u dont put them near the top shelf or in the coldest part. Probably want to avoid them from getting to cold, but IMO a week or two should be fine. GOODLUCK! (-;

I have kept hops from Freshops in the fridge for a few months before I planted without any issue. Just make sure they don't freeze, thats the only worry.

Back