Rex C100 question. Help change *C to *F

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spittybug

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Rex C100 FK02-V*AN PID controller. Despite having an English (sort of) version of the instructions, I'm struggling with making the read out be in *F instead of *C which I think I can do.

From what I can tell, from the LCY menu choice I need to set it to 0100 so that all is editable. Then I should be able to get to the SL2 menu and choose parameter 0001 for *F , shouldn't I?

I seem unable to reach that SL2 menu...........I think I did once, but can't now. Sure, I can keep it set for *C and do the math, but I'd really like to be able to change it.

Can someone type out a few clear steps in English for me? Much appreciated!

I have previously read that thread and while disheartening to find all the issues that people have, my unit is running the SSR just fine as far as I can tell. I'm powering it with 110v.

By all appearances I should be able to get to an initialization menu and change it to *F. I *think* I got there once accidentally but can't be positive. Whether my unit is one that actually can or cannot, I'd like to make sure that I'm trying the right set of commands....... If someone has changed theirs I'd like to try the same procedure.

Thanks.

As already stated the Rex is celcius only.... The mypin td4 is the best bang for the buck I've seen... Plus you can still use the rest of the stuff that came with your Rex like the SSR heatsink and even TC although a pt100 rtd sensor is better. The td4 also has manual pwm mode to control a steady boil. They are about $25 with shipping.

Thanks.

Looking online, I'm finding both TA4 and TD4 versions. I'm having a hard time differentiating between the two. Is it the ability to run in manual mode? Both appear to have dual temps. Pros or cons to either?

I was planning on going with a SSVR and knob to control the BK, but I suppose I could use a single PID if it had a manual mode. That would involve switching the thermocouple which would add unwanted noise however....
****edit after more reading**** manual mode ignores TC, so all I need to do is switch the output to the other element. Easy peasy.

Can anyone recommend a good vendor for the TD4? Very few on Ebay I notice. Is there a specific version of the TD4 to get?

Hi. I have a Rex C100 FK02-V*AN PID controller. Despite having an English (sort of) version of the instructions, I'm struggling with making the read out be in *F instead of *C which I think I can do.

From what I can tell, from the LCY menu choice I need to set it to 0100 so that all is editable. Then I should be able to get to the SL2 menu and choose parameter 0001 for *F , shouldn't I?

I seem unable to reach that SL2 menu...........I think I did once, but can't now. Sure, I can keep it set for *C and do the math, but I'd really like to be able to change it.

Can someone type out a few clear steps in English for me? Much appreciated!

Watch that video I hope it helps enjoy

I have the good-y rex c100 is they any way to turn it into manual mode to controll power input

Latest posts

Back