Double IPA Revolution Citra Hero Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBOBxSAGETx

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
WLP002
Yeast Starter
2L
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
8.9 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
Pretty sessionable but still packs a huge hop flavor and aroma.
Revolutions Citra Hero was definitely the all star of 2014 for IPA's here in Chicago (For me). I couldn't get enough of it. It's everything I could ask for in an IPA. Pretty sessionable but still packs a huge hop flavor and aroma.

2L Starter
90 min boil
Mash @ 152 for 60 min

Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 7.7 %
Bitterness: 87.4 IBUs

6 lbs Pale Ale Malt 2-Row 37.5 %
6 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US 37.5 %
2 lbs 8.0 oz Wheat - Red Malt 15.6 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Aromatic Malt 9.4 %
1.25 oz Magnum - Boil 90.0 min 43.6 IBUs
3.50 oz Citra - Steep/Whirlpool 30.0 min 43.8 IBUs
1.0 pkg English Ale (White Labs #WLP002)
2.50 oz Citra - Dry Hop 5.0 Days

what temp were you at for your whirlpool? meaning were you cooling from the flame out or just killed the flame, covered, whirlpooled the wort and rested. then cooled after. heard it done different ways, so wanted to see what worked for you.

I was interested in brewing Anti-Hero a couple years back. I contacted the brewery, here's what they said:

Here's what's in it: Pale Ale, Red Wheat, Munich and a touch of Golden Oats give this beer its rich golden color and a complex malt profile and texture. We utilize Warrior, Chinook, Centennial and Amarillo both in the brew kettle and again for post fermentation dry-hopping.

You aren't trying to brew that beer but I would imagine the grist is similar.

Back