Review of AHS Molotov Hoptail mini-mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdon

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the molotov hoptail recipe from AHS? i really enjoy IPAs, especially Stone Ruination IPA...but 287 IBUs seems like a lot. Just looking to trade comments with anyone who has tried it, thanks...Cheers
Don

Has anyone tried the molotov hoptail recipe from AHS? i really enjoy IPAs, especially Stone Ruination IPA...but 287 IBUs seems like a lot. Just looking to trade comments with anyone who has tried it, thanks...Cheers
Don

I haven’t brewed the recipe, but despite the “calculated” number IBUs actually top out at ~100. If you like Ruination you will probably like a beer with loads of IBUs and a relatively dry finish. 19 oz of hops is a lot, but the last one I did at the same gravity had 16 oz, so it isn't crazy. Do they not list the recipe?

They don't list the recipe. But I'm sure if I went into the store they would give it to me...I think AHS has some people who post on HBT, maybe they're listening right now.

Back