Reusing Yeast (1.064 OG w/o Starter)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agreen

Reaction score
Looked through previous threads and couldn't find a real answer for my question... I pitched 1 vial of WL 001 into my 1.064 OG IPA 2 batches ago. I did not make a started (changed my ways) so I know it was under pitched.

It took about 36 hours for fermentation to start, which I understand happens from time to time (not worried). I harvested the yeast from my primary a week 1/2 after pitching when I transferred into my secondary to DH.

I am a college student and can barely afford to eat so I am looking to save a little money on my brews. Is it going to affect my beer significantly if I reuse the washed yeast? I know it was under-pitched and brewers aren't supposed to reuse stressed yeast, just curious as to how noticeable the effects will be.

Thanks ya'll :rockin:

I have reused yeast in the same conditions as you described and it came out fine. Everyone has a different opinion but I think its fine.

That strain is is a survivor and is tough . Don't worry . I could survive for almost a week
with 2 dinners from a chinese place. Usually under $ 18.00.

Latest posts

Back