Request for Help - Wizards Wheat - Homebrew Heaven (RIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All,

Ive looked online and tried to recreate one of my favorite extract kits from Homebrew Heaven which has closed. All attempts to recreate it have failed. They are good but just a little off from the original. Does anyone have a clone or an original recipe for the hefeweizen recipe from Homebrew Heaven which they called "Wizards Wheat"?

Thanks in advance....

I can't help you, don't even know what Homebrew Heaven was LOL. But, if you post your recipe that you've been using and your evaluation of it (its flavor and aroma) and then what changes in that flavor or aroma you want, we could talk with you about how to adjust the recipe to get your desired outcome.

Homebrew Heaven was a great local homebrew shop that ws great about shipping DPO/APO. Ill have to look up the specifics of my past re-creations when I get back from travelling but I havent been able to specifically name exactly what was "off" about the previous recipes. Just wasnt quite the same as their extract kit (which really shouldnt be hard to replicate - im just doing using a slightly different steeping grain or extract im sure. Hence my hope to see if someone else attempted to recreate it already!
5144paM8JYL.jpg

Nevermind. The miracles of the internet helped me find my poor attempt to copy it. Color and flavor were both slightly off with this version (I typically add 2 lbs of honey but this is the version without the honey). Might have also been off due to my (poor) conversion to liquid extract but im afraid I need to go back to dry extract since I am heading overseas again!

According to my notes the dry version was using 5lb 5oz of Bavarian wheat DME

wizards wheat.jpg

Back