Replying to posts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put my starter in the oven at 450 for 12 hours to evaporate it because I want to try this dry yeast everyone's been talking about. I pitched 6 hours ago and I have no activity. Is my beer ruined?

I've always wondered how dry yeast was made. An autoclave would be better, but have you tried doing it in an oven?

I could be a carp, for you.;)

I dated a chic with a tongue like a cow. Wow.

This might be the best thread ever.... and Apache is perfect!

I hate it when that happens.

1404364321351.jpg

I'm going to invent tanks of non-carbonation for kegs of draft wine.

Carp Diem!

BTW, I had my RIS in primary for 3 days, and the bubbles stopped. I knew that meant it was time to bottle, so I did. Is 16 oz. of priming sugar too much for 5 gallons? I hope not. I had a whole pound and I hate to waste the stuff, so I used it all. If a little's good, more's better, amirite?

I know there might be a thread or two about all this stuff, but I was just too lazy to search for it. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...woo hoo!

Go with plastic, glass is too dangerous, if you drop one it could send you to the hospital, or at the very least, kill you.

Go with plastic, glass is too dangerous, if you drop one it could send you to the hospital, or at the very least, kill you.

I've heard mixed reviews of the carb drops. Haven't tried them myself, but you should go for it and report back!

I've heard mixed reviews of the carb drops. Haven't tried them myself, but you should go for it and report back!

gahhhh!!!! why is everyone except me an idiot!!! you don't need the water report if you're making Belgium Dark Strong! just knowing what's in the water makes it less authentic. and you have to use 90% Maris Otter with generous amounts of Cirtra.

you guys are some funny guys !

Laughing out loud !

no body around at work to day, so might as well get a good laugh !

But you realize that MOST of you are way :off:

:D

you guys are some funny guys !

Laughing out loud !

no body around at work to day, so might as well get a good laugh !

But you realize that MOST of you are way :off:

:D

gahhhh!!! people in glass houses sink ships! don't cross the street if you can't get out of the kitchen!!! it's not rocket surgery people!

Well I tried making clothing out of my spent grain but the shirts kept falling apart. Im thinking mixing it with glue and making a nice end table.

I used to be a glass carboy guy. I read the horror stories, saw the pictures.... but I figured I knew what I was doing. So I kept right on using glass for years, confident that it wouldn't happen to me.

Then one night, I awoke to see one of my carboys standing at the foot of my bed. It didn't say anything, just stood there, staring at me. There was no overt threat, but I could tell by the look in its eyes. That sinister, silent, malevolent look. I knew it was no longer safe to keep the glass carboys around. They had to go.

The next day my neighbor saw me putting my carboys in the recycle bin, and asked if he could have him. I tried to warn the poor bastard, but he insisted that he could put them to good use. He insisted he would be safe, and all but ridiculed me for my concern.

That was the last time I ever saw Frank alive. So much blood.... :(

That's what I'm talk'n about! As a noob looking for information just to find that an otherwise knowledgeable person responding to a question with an answer that indicates he missed a key word (such as "or") thereby giving an answer that is NOT applicable is frustrating.

Then, someone gave a poo-poo to an idea in a thread I started about thanking vets on this forum who later apologized after admitting he didn't read the entire post and thus misunderstood the OP's idea...

All in 4 minutes. So yeah, I started a vague thread here just to vent, no other real purpose despite the many pages of (mostly) worthless replies. Don't like it? Don't reply. Or do reply with some stupid ****, it really doesn't matter!

You poo-pooed a vet? Dude what's wrong with you?!?!

I filled my leaking water bed with spent grain. I was using it as a secondary.

What kind of finings do you recommend? I guess I could use gelatin.

If you want your Zombie Dust clone to be organic, you have to put whole horse hooves in the tertiary to clarify it. My friend's mom read that in a Food Babe article, so I know it's true!

My LHBS ( which is a 3 1/2 hour trip one way) was out of gelatin, so I went to the grocery store. I found some chocolate pudding( the kind you cook, not that instant crap). Can I use it to clear my Double Bourbon Chocolate Imperial Pale Porter. Would it be better to use butterscotch to compliment the diacetyl? I didn't think the scotch would taste good with the bourbon.

My LHBS ( which is a 3 1/2 hour trip one way) was out of gelatin, so I went to the grocery store. I found some chocolate pudding( the kind you cook, not that instant crap). Can I use it to clear my Double Bourbon Chocolate Imperial Pale Porter. Would it be better to use butterscotch to compliment the diacetyl? I didn't think the scotch would taste good with the bourbon.

Yes, about half a cup. Did you weigh it first?

If you want your Zombie Dust clone to be organic, you have to put whole horse hooves in the tertiary to clarify it. My friend's mom read that in a Food Babe article, so I know it's true!

Always, always, always tertiary!

I filled my leaking water bed with spent grain. I was using it as a secondary.

Like a memory foam! Genius!

This thread needs a theme song. Yep, you're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6tnj7IEI0E

I cannot even fathom the amount of tail those guys bagged.

If you looking for a good low cost meat:
Try deer balls they are 2 for under a buck.

Back