REplacing chrome taps with Perlicks....spring???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm replacing my chrome taps with Perlicks and when I took my tap apart this spring came out of the shank.

Does that go back in with the Perlicks or no? I'm thinking no....

Thanks!

Nick

A buddy of mine bought a kegerator which came with faucets that are spring loaded. They spring shut, kinda like a safety feature. Perlicks don't have springs. The odds of them working with Perlicks are slim to none.
Keep the spring with the original faucet.

What you are referring to is a self closing faucet. I bought one years ago when my kegerator was in my garage. We had a party one night and when everyone left I noticed a stream running down the street, some idiot poured a beer and didn't close the tap handle. I ordered the self closing tap and installed it immediately. I bought a 15.5 gallon keg for the party and thanks to whoever left the tap open, wasted most of it. I received two Perlicks a few years ago for Christmas and moved the kegerator indoors. None of my friends are allowed to touch it unless I've shown them how to properly pour a beer. Personally, I'd use the Perlicks and get rid of the self closing faucet, or use it for a portable kegerator.

Back